1. EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES: i Clean Home uses your cleaning products and equipment except where you have requested for us to provides cleaning supplies. In this case there will be a charge of $15 to $25.
Our solo cleaning staff often travel by public transit and, therefore, we ask that you please supply: a well-functioning vacuum, mop & bucket, toilet brush, a minimum 20-pack of microfiber cleaning cloths and any heavy-duty or specialty cleaners that you require for mold & mildew, wasted paints or grease build-up removal. You can see a short list of them in house cleaning page.
The availability of team or solo cleaning varies by geographic region based on driver availability. In Toronto, maintenance cleanings are performed by solo cleaners. Our office will inform you of team and solo cleaner availability at the time of confirming your booking details.
2. ACCESS TO YOUR HOME: In our experience, the most efficient and problem-free way to access your home on your cleaning day is to install a lock box on your property for our staff to retrieve and return your key to afterward, and to provide a guest alarm code if you have a home security system. If our staff are unable to gain access to your home, a lock-out fee equal to $80 for an initial visit or 50% of your regular cleaning fee will apply.
3. EXCLUSIVITY OF SERVICE: i Clean Home goes to considerable expense to recruit, screen, hire and train its cleaning staff. Should you wish to hire any of our current or former cleaning staff within 24 months of your last i Clean Home cleaning appointment, a $2,500 referral fee will apply. By using i Clean Home Maid services, you confirm your acceptance of all Terms of Service, including this referral fee.
4. RESCHEDULING/CANCELLATION POLICY: If you need to change or cancel an appointment, please inform our office at least 48 business hours before your scheduled cleaning visit. If less than 48 business hours notice is provided, a late cancellation fee equal to $80 for an initial visit or 50% of your regular cleaning fee will apply. In case of drapery cleaning, after the drapes are taken down / picked up, if the customer decide to cancel the cleaning for any reason, there will be a minimum charge of third of the total bill amount and rest of the deposit will be returned. If the drapes has been already on the wash, there will be no cancelation and no refund.
5. PAYMENT: Payment in full is due on cleaning day. For payments by email money transfer, this hold will be released upon receipt of your payment. If payment is not received within 48 hours of the cleaning, or in the event of a lock-out or late cancellation, your credit card will be charged for the balance owing. Checks returned due to insufficient funds will be subject to a $35 administrative charge. i Clean Home reserves the right to not choose the type of payment for each customer.
6. RECURRING SERVICE DISCOUNTS AND DELAYED CLEANINGS: Should you need to skip or delay your regularly scheduled visit, more time is typically required on our next visit to ensure the high standard of cleaning you want, and additional charges will apply.
7. BEFORE OUR VISIT: To give you the greatest value possible, we ask you to take a few minutes before our visit to put away clothing, toys, and other precious or personal items. Please let us know within 48 business hours of your cleaning if you would like i Clean Home to customize your house cleaning service to include tidying and de-cluttering; additional charges will apply.
8. VALUABLES: To eliminate any potential for accidents, we ask that valuables, collectibles, heirlooms and other precious items be put away before our visit. If you are aware of any potential perils in your home (e.g., a loose picture frame), please be sure to bring it to the attention of our office. i Clean Home is not responsible for accidental breakage of precious items that the office was not informed in advance to exclude, or which was not put away during the cleaning.
9. NORMAL WEAR & TEAR: i Clean Home shall not be held responsible for direct or consequential damage resulting from normal wear and tear or defective household parts that fail during the course of our routine cleaning.
11. PETS: Our cleaning staff love pets. However, for safety reasons, if your pet is aggressive, please ensure they are secured on cleaning day. To build trust and acceptance by your pet, we recommend your presence during our initial cleaning for your pet to meet our staff us under most comfortable circumstances.
12. PESTS: For health & safety reasons and to protect the interests of all i Clean Home clients and staff, i Clean Home will not clean in any home that has an insect or rodent infestation. Should any sign of infestation be observed, cleaning will immediately cease and a late cancellation fee will apply.
13. SAFETY: Ensuring the health & safety of our cleaning staff is essential to our success. Because we care about our cleaning staff’s well-being, they in turn go the extra mile to make you our customer happy.
To provide a safe work environment, we kindly ask that our office be notified prior to cleaning day of any potential hazards in your home. These may include, but are not limited to, aggressive pets, biohazards (bodily fluids, pet or rodent feces, insect infestations, flu, use of needles, etc.), or construction work underway. To prevent back injury, we also ask that cleaning staff not be asked to move or lift heavy furniture. i Clean Home will remove our staff from environments deemed to be unsafe, in which case normal cleaning charges will apply.
In the winter, we ask that walkways and driveways be well-salted and cleared of snow and ice to prevent slips and falls of our cleaning staff.
14. CLEANING BEHIND APPLIANCES: Cleaning staff will clean behind appliances that are already pulled out. For health & safety and insurance reasons, we are unable to move your appliances ourselves.
15. ADDITIONAL WORK: We are always pleased to assist you with your additional cleaning requirements. Simply contact us 48 hours before your next appointment so that we may schedule additional time to complete the extra tasks. Additional charges will apply.
16. PRICING QUOTE: pricing quotes are based on average cleaning requirements for the size of home and level of build-up specified by you on the phone.
On cleaning day, should our staff experience above average cleaning requirements due to heavy build-up or additional rooms not mentioned at the time of the booking or pre-visit follow-up phone call, additional time and charges will apply to complete the work.
Billing begins upon arrival and may include time spent finding parking, unloading supplies & equipment, and waiting for entry. Paid parking is an additional charge (based on actual cost) that is not included in our pricing quote.
17. DISCOUNTS: i Clean Home may offer discounts for new service and for client referrals. Discounts cannot be combined and, except where a specific end date is provided, may be discontinued at any time without notice.
18. CHANGES TO OUR SERVICES: i Clean Home may add or remove features, products, or functionalities to its services without prior notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service section of our website from time to time for updates to our terms of service.
Should any part of these Terms of Service be deemed void, the affected provision will be severed from these Terms and will not affect the continuation and enforceability of the remaining Terms. A decision to not enforce a particular Term shall not constitute a waiver of that Term.